Doctor Q Pediatrics follows the immunization guidelines recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP). For information about these vaccines and the diseases they protect against, please visit http://www.aap.org/healthtopics/immunizations.cfm
These informational sheets are avaiabe at these sites were they can be read , QR coded ,saved or printed. There is also a binder in each exam room at our office with them inside and copies will be provided upon request.
For detailed informational sheets published by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) please visit www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/vis/
Our Vaccine Philosophy : VACCINES SAVE LIVES
Our practice believes that all children should receive the recommended vaccines according to the guidelines provided by the AAP and the CDC. Vaccines are safe and effective in preventing diseases and health complications in children and young adults. Regular vaccinations help children ward off infections and are administered as one of the safest and best methods of disease prevention.
We do not accept that families choose not to vaccinate or want random "alternative schedules" due to the fact that we have to protect not only our young patients but also their families that might include pregnant moms, family members immunocompromised due to different reasons, older grand parents or even some of our youngsters that might be or have been on treatments that might have wiped out their defenses.
We are happy to discuss your concerns about vaccines at your child's next visit. Any Medical contraindications to vaccination have to be properly documented. Florida is not a personal exemption state. Religious exemptions are handled exclusively by the Health Department.
Recommended Immunization Schedule
- 0-6 Years -Schedule for Persons Aged 0 Through 6 Years | 2011
- 7-18 Years-Schedule for Persons Aged 7 Through 18 Years | 2011
- Catch-up Schedule -Schedule for Persons Aged 4 Months Through 18 Years Who Start Late or Who Are More Than 1 Month Behind | 2011
- ALL missed appointments will be charged $35 no show fee , We require cancellation 24 hrs in advance so we can accomodate someone else. Parents will recive reminders but in case of those failing it is till their responsibility to make or cancel appointments .
- Immunizations records are needed for that first visit.Please contact office to learn how to obtain them or contact your last child's pediatrician.
Vaccine Safety: The Facts A brief fact sheet on vaccines from the AAP